How To Become A Corporate Sponsor
RAAM (Race Across America) has been in existence since 1982 and has been held annually since then. It is the toughest cross-country endurance bike race in the world. It can be ridden either as a team effort or as an individually. Once the clock starts for the race, it does not stop – not for sleep, meals, bathroom breaks, or anything. Individual racers fight fatigue, rain, snow, heat, cold, altitude and hunger while averaging 3 hours sleep (or less) per 24 hours. Solo participants complete the entire race in about 9-12 days. The distance is roughly 3,000 miles. RAAM is widely characterized as the most grueling cycling event in the world.
On September 19, 2010 I became the 4th woman from Ohio to ever qualify for RAAM by racing 544 miles in the Adirondacks with over a 31,000 feet inclination. June 2012, I attempted RAAM solo with three other women from around the world. As a result of barriers outside my control I had to withdraw from the race in Weaubleau, MO at mile 1,774.3 in 7 days 15 hours and 29 minutes. I am attempting this grueling race again in 2013 because I deeply feel more needs to be done to remember and honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and to help our veterans safely and securely return home. I believe by racing individually again I will be able to increase awareness of the needs of our veterans.
In order to participate in RAAM I will need an 8-9 member support crew and 3 vehicles. The main expenses are for the crew. These costs include: transportation, lodging, meals, and fuel. To participate we need to raise between $15,000-20,000 in financial support and in-kind donations.
Wheels4Change (non-profit organization) has and is sponsoring several veterans’ causes in NE Ohio since 2010. Wheels4Change does business as a subsidiary of Pedal For Heroes, a 501 (c) (3) Ohio non-profit corporation.
The Wheels 4 Change will raise money to support the following Pedal For Heroes Programs:
- Provide employment, support, motivations, as well as links to community resources to marginalized veterans
- Provide support to other veterans organizations that are assisting past soldiers in the rehabilitation process
- Provide scholarships to veterans who cannot afford to register for 5ks, 10Ks, 1/2 marathons, marathons, triathlons, and biking events. Provide running shoes, clothing, and bikes to chosen applicants.
Please strongly consider supporting veterans’ awareness. Post-war problems such as/but not limited to PTSD are not only an issue for individuals and families but also our society as a whole. Attached is our sponsorship levels menu.
Help us support our veterans!
If you are a business interested in supporting our campaign with in-kind or monetary donations to raise awareness for veterans, we gratefully welcome your sponsorship! All donations are tax-deductible.
- Starting-Line Oceanside, CA: Sponsor between $500 and $1,999, and we will post your name on the van along with other donors on a 16″X11″ decal. The font size will be large enough to be easily read. Recognition at all Wheels 4 Change fundraising events.
- 1st Checkpoint Durango, CO: Your sponsorship will support the first 857.6 miles of the race. Donate between $2,000 and $2,999, and we will post your name or company name on a standalone decal 6″X9″ on both sides of all three vehicles as well as logo placement on our website and our crew shirts. Recognition at all Wheels 4 Change and Pedal For Heroes fundraising events.
- 2st Checkpoint Mississippi Ririver: Consider sponsoring a dollar a mile. Sponsor between $3000 and $4,999, and we will post your name or company name on a standalone decal 8″x12″ on the both sides of the van, logo placement on our website, and our crew shirts. In addition, we will handout a reasonable amount of promotional material from your company (must be appropriate and meet with RAAM regulations). Recognition at all Wheels 4 Change and Pedal For Heroes fundraising events.
- Finish Line: We will make sure your company gets both local and national attention. Sponsor $5,000 or more, and we will post your name or company logo (10″x15″) prominently on three sides of all of our vehicles, logo placement on our website, and our crew shirts. In addition, we will handout a reasonable amount of promotional material from your company (must be appropriate and meet with RAAM regulations), and provide you with race photos that you can use in advertisements. Recognition at all Wheels 4 Change and Pedal For Heroes fundraising events.